Langband 0.1, Stig E Sandoe's lispy Angband alternative, has been released. This is the first public release.
Posted by jjwiseman at September 17, 2002 12:03 AM
The release is a concept release, and may miss some of the advanced features. What it does have is:
- Graphical tiles for X11, *including* images. Images is a feature not found in any other angband variant. See http://www.langband.org/screenshots.html
- Most commands (eat, drop, drink, pick up, read, zap wands)
- Basic fighting and basic spells
- Most common objects with effects
- Doors, traps, corridors and rooms in the dungeon
- Aggressive monsters and nasty combat attacks by monsters
- Bows, wands, staves and rods and a fireball for your enemies
- Simple stores, a simple home and quick to create a character
Questions and feedback is appreciated. Either mail email@example.com or ask on the newsgroup rec.games.roguelike.angband.