June 02, 2005
Lisp NYC's Summer of Code
The Lisp NYC user group got themselves listed as a sponsor for Google's Summer of Code.
They have a list in-progress of ways you can spend your summer coding Lisp and earning $4500, in case, as wmf says, you were too lazy to start a company:
Posted by jjwiseman at June 02, 2005 05:29 PM
- Create a Common Lisp interface to Posix and support it on several Lisp implementations.
- Port CMUCL's metaobject protocol implementation to SBCL.
- Create an implementation of SSL in Common Lisp.
- Create a Common Lisp library that implements the Jabber chat protocol.
- Work on merging GCL, the GNU Common Lisp implementation, into GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection.
- Improve the compiler optimizations in SBCL.
- Translate a popular Python or Perl library into Common Lisp.
- Robocup: team strategy modifications based on input, either GA or macro based mods in real-time.
- Author a non-trivial CLRFI, possibly cross-platform multi-threading.
- Author a comphrensive HowTo: HowTo [not get] sued given the recent "advancements" in IP and copyright law
- Additions to electronic music generation software, see MuSIG.
- What percentage of functions of ANSI Common Lisp are used by production applications? Can it be broken down into the 80/20 rule?
- Upgrade a Common Lisp system such that it's streams compete with those of Java in features and performance.
- Add an interesting cross-platform feature to Slime. MOP support? Make it as easy to use as Visual Studio?
- Make Wikis impervious to today's automated spamming technology while still maintaining openness. Captchas vs community? Document how it may become upsurped.
- Cross Emacs'es Eshell with Tramp: make eshell work on remote hosts.
- Implement a Common Lisp MUD that is argeeable to agents but with robust security (not a trivial task), must also be able to use a Jabber for a client front-end.
- Create a portable, cross-platform user-runnable installer, possibly by combining ASDF and defsystem.
- Design a higher-math curriculum that would interest [non math oriented] computer-science students.
- Implement a self-hosted indexing and display system for the Lisp Resource Kit's many different forms and levels of content, including video.
The list at lispnyc's page is now considerably less insane.
ya look like ya havin a good time. and if you would like to know i love your songs, i think they are soooo cooland if you could get back in touch with me then it would be a pleasue. but if you coildnt then could you fit in an autograph.luvvvvvvvvv reemaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
je t'adore de tout mon coeur je suis ta plus grande fan du monde entier
I think you are kind of cute. But not hot. what do you think about that well i should think more than just cute but i dont know well i love your picture what are you the king of some land or are you the king of me or you just the king.
DAM HE LOOKS SEXY LIKE SHTY